Available Group Sessions
Fredericton (Fall Session) - FULL
Classroom Dates: Sep 8, Sep 15 (6pm - 8pm)
Pool Dates: Sep 11, Sep 18 (9am - 12pm)
Certification Dives (Atlas Park): Oct 1-2, 2022
- Our group sessions for Bathurst have completed for the season, and will resume in 2023.
- Our next group sessions for Fredericton will start in January 2023.
- Please contact us to register for a Fundy Summer/Fall Private or Semi-Private session.
Who should take this course?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
Be 10 years or older (12 years old recommended minimum age)
Be reasonably fit with some swimming ability
- Complete a Medical Statement
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
What scuba gear will you use?
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank.
Check with us about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice about everything you need from your PADI Instructor.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Course and start learning right away.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).