Let us take the hassle out of selling your unused dive gear, leaving you free to concentrate on what you do best!
We can deal with all aspects of selling on your behalf - from collection through to final payment - taking care of cleaning, servicing (by prior arrangement only - see note below), payment, packing and shipping.
We sell gently used items on consignment - that means if we are selling on your behalf, we must hold the item here. We need to test, clean, photograph, pack and send the gear we sell. If a problem arises immediately post-sale, we need to be able to deal with it swiftly.
We do not broker sales between customers, or purchase used items for resale.
Please check gear thoroughly before bringing it in to the shop. Some consignment items have arrived in need of servicing. If an item is found to require work in order to be sold, you will be responsible for the servicing fees upfront.
We only accept items for consignment that we reasonably expect will re-sale within one year.
A non-refundable upfront listing fee of $50 +HST per item is charged; this is deducted from our commission fee (see below for more info). We usually do not handle items that would resale for less than $500.
Please contact us to get more information!
Our detailed Terms and Conditions are below.
COJO DIVING COMMISSION - CONSIGNMENT SALES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These T&Cs are subject to change and are not exhaustive.
- We can deal with all aspects of selling on your behalf - from collection through to final payment - taking care of cleaning, servicing (by prior arrangement only), payment, packing and shipping along the way.
- We sell on consignment - that means if we are selling on your behalf, we must hold the item here. We need to test, clean, service (if pre-arranged), photograph, pack and send the gear we sell. If a problem arises post-sale, we need to be able to identify and deal with it swiftly.
- Please check gear for faults thoroughly before bringing it to the shop and provide a complete usage and service history and description -always advise us if any work is required as this may affect our commission rate and our decision about handling the sale. We will consider selling items that require work, but this is at our discretion and may incur a surcharge or higher commission rate to reflect the extra handling.
- Items for commission sales must be delivered to our store in Lincoln NB. If for any reason an item does not sell, or you choose to retrieve your item prior to it's sale, the item may be picked up at our store in Lincoln NB. In some cases we may offer to ship the item back to you, but we are not responsible for damage during shipping and all shipping fees must be pre-paid.
- We charge a non-refundable, up-front listing fee of $50+HST per item we take on to sell (it may be possible to reduce this for collections of several items). This fee is then deducted from our commission fee when the item sells - so you only pay the fee if you agree to our selling your gear and then subsequently take it back for some reason. This fee is payable before we accept your gear for a consignment sale.
- Our standard rate for consignment sales is 20% of sale price plus HST. The commission rate is negotiable for higher value individual items.
- Sale price is the gross price received. We deduct fees for the commission, paid listings (i.e. eBay, PayPal, Kijiji, Amazon) if applicable, the cost of any service work carried out that was not pre-paid, sales taxes, and any shipping costs.
- We hold payments for a minimum of 14 days after confirmation of receipt by the customer to allow for returns, after which we will issue a commission sale statement.
- Payments may be issued out immediately as cash, or at your request retained on account as a credit for future purchase of products or goods from COJO Diving. Account credits can later be requested to be paid out as cash, we require a minimum of 30 days notice.
- If a consignment item does not sell within one year, we will either offer to extend the consignment term or return the item to you (shipping fees are your responsibility and must be pre-paid). If you choose to purchase a similar item from us at the time of return, we will credit the $50 listing fee towards that purchase.
- If a consignment item is found to be stolen or part of any crime or legal action, it will be immediately handed over to the appropriate authorities and the consignment agreement terminated. COJO Diving is not responsible to compensate you for the value of the consignment item, your only recourse is to deal with the appropriate authorities.
There are no products listed under this category.