- atmospheric gases
- respiration and circulation
- decompression illness
- oxygen and diving injuries
- handling oxygen safely
- oxygen delivery systems and components
Course participants must complete the DAN Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries examination with a minimum passing score of 80 percent. The instructor will review the examination with each participant to ensure 100 percent understanding of the material.
This course requires current certification in DAN Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid or other full CPR course.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Assess the scene and oxygen provider safety.
- Identify the main components of the DAN Oxygen Unit.
- Assemble and deploy a DAN Oxygen Unit.
- Select and prepare the appropriate oxygen mask.
- Operate an oxygen unit and using these oxygen-delivery devices:
- demand inhalator valve and mask
- constant-flow, nonrebreather mask
- manually triggered ventilator and/or bag valve mask