All of our PADI Professionals are required to follow a strict Code of Practice, including the following:
Youth Leader's Commitment
- Look after the child's health, safety and welfare.
- Ensure appropriate supervision during all instructional activities.
- Whenever possible, meet the child's parents or guardians and share program goals and objectives.
- Strive to keep parents or guardians involved and informed through verbal reports and updates as often as possible.
- Treat children, parents or guardians with respect regardless of age, race, gender and religious affiliation.
- Honor commitments made to children.
- Discuss disciplinary problems with parents or guardians.
- Do not engage in inappropriate contact with children.
- Respect a child's rights to privacy and intrude only when health and safety demand.
- Whenever possible, ensure two adults are with children.
Bubblemaker is as fun as it sounds – a chance for kids to blow bubbles by scuba diving in the pool. Kids can use scuba gear to breathe underwater and swim around in shallow water. Have a party or celebrate a birthday by throwing a memorable, exciting Bubblemaker event with friends and family at COJO Diving.
Kids must be a minimum of 8 years old and comfortable in the water.
No prior experience is necessary. Parental approval is required.
What is included?
- Your child will experience scuba diving under the direct care and supervision of a COJO PADI Pro.
- They will take their first breaths underwater in water shallower than 2 metres/6 feet.
- They will learn about and use scuba diving equipment.
- They will receive a Crew-Pak with mementos, and surprises like a beach towel, logbook, scuba toy and more!
- Have lots of fun!
The PADI Seal Team is for young scuba divers who are looking for action-packed fun in a pool by completing exciting AquaMissions.
Have you ever wondered what it's like to dive with flashlights, take digital pictures underwater or float effortlessly like an astronaut? Beyond learning basic scuba skills, there are specialty AquaMissions, such as wreck diving, navigation, buoyancy, environmental awareness and more. PADI Seal Team includes doing some cool stuff in the pool, meeting friends and sharing in the adventure of the underwater world.
To join the PADI Seal Team, a child must be 8 years of age or older. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but kids should be comfortable in the water. Parental approval is required.
What is included?
AquaMissions 1 - 5, covers basic scuba diving skills, such as breathing underwater, clearing a mask of water, recovering a regulator and swimming around experiencing the sensation of being weightless. Each session takes about an hour. Complete these AquaMissions and become a recognized PADI Seal Team Member.
Seal Team participants receive a Crew Pak with a video, activity book, log book and more!
PADI Junior Open Water Diver Course
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts! The PADI Junior Open Water Diver Course is for kids 12 - 14 years old.
Junior students must have completed a PADI Discover Scuba Diving session with COJO within the past 6 months, be comfortable in the water and physically fit for diving.
What is included?
- Knowledge Development (independent study supplemented by classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
- Use of all dive equipment needed for the course (except as noted below)
All students must own mask, fins, snorkel and neoprene booties. COJO has a full selection of items available in store. COJO has course dive equipment to fit most students, but in some cases parents may need to purchase a wetsuit as well.
The Junior Open Water certification comes with restrictions. Divers 12-14 years old must dive with a certified adult and dives cannot exceed 18 meters / 60 feet.