The PADI Seal Team is for young scuba divers who are looking for action-packed fun in a pool by completing exciting AquaMissions.
PADI Seal Team includes doing some cool stuff in the pool, meeting friends and sharing in the adventure of the underwater world.
To join the PADI Seal Team, a child must be 8 years of age or older. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but kids should be comfortable in the water.
Parental approval is required.
The PADI Seal Team program teaches responsibility and respect for the aquatic realm.
Part one, AquaMissions 1 - 5, covers basic scuba diving skills, such as breathing underwater, clearing a mask of water, recovering a regulator and swimming around experiencing the sensation of being weightless. Each session takes about an hour. Complete these AquaMissions and become a recognized PADI Seal Team Member. Your experience may also count toward the PADI Open Water Diver course.
- Breathing underwater, control depth and direction, equalize ears and mask, monitor air supply and signal if Ok or low, hand signals, learn proper ascent.
- Learn to put on and adjust equipment, clear regulator.
- Learn to inflate/deflate BCD, mask clearing, breathe from an alternate air source.
- Recover a lost regulator and clear regulator, learn and practice neutral buoyancy, hover.
- Blast clear a snorkel, exchange snorkel for regulator repeatedly, swim wearing scuba while on snorkal, orally inflate BCD to become neutral, skill circuit.
The class may have the opportunity to learn additional skills (all in the pool) such as:
- Creature ID, navigation using a compass, performing a search pattern to find a lost object, using a dive light, safety skills such as predive safety checks with a buddy or towing a buddy, using a camera, wreck diving skills.